"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!"
The Volksgrenadier is the level 10 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Global Age. Its predecessor is the Wehrmacht and can be upgraded to the Bundeswehr. It is researched in a level 9 armory. It replaces Assault Infantry.
- Volksgrenadiers can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Volksgrenadiers would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Volksgrenadiers can get destroyed easily by Mortars.
- Volksgrenadiers are weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, Volksgrenadiers have 20% more damage than standard Assault Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
Volkgrenadier infantry divisions were created to resolve issues with minimal German manpower after heavy losses in mid-1944. These divisions only used six-line infantry battalions instead of the normal nine-line battalions. They relied more on the short-range firepower of sub-machines, light automatic weapons and anti-tank weaponry like the Panzerfaust.
- The Volksgrenadier appears to be wearing a Stahlhelm and a trench coat usually assigned to officers or the members of the SS. He also appears to have stick grenades and is equipped with a German-made Solothurn S-18/100 Anti-Tank Rifle.
- If used in large groups; Volksgrenadiers can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Volksgrenadiers and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Volksgrenadiers around so the mortar would have to hit each Volksgrenadier to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Volksgrenadiers as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use Ranged Infantry such as Submachine Guns to support the Volksgrenadiers.
- Volksgrenadiers can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect Ranged Infantry such as Submachine Guns from heavy fire from defenses.
- The Volksgrenadier is probably chosen as the name of the German unique unit of the Global Age because it is also the name of the German Modern Age unique unit of the game; Rise of Nations, which is developed by the same company as DomiNations.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|