“Slows down nearby invading armies and provides a health bonus to your own troops.”
- Versailles is one of the Gunpowder Age Wonders. It provides a hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops, as well as causes enemy troops to slow down within a certain radius around it. The wonder bonus is still applied after being destroyed.
- Note that you won't get any of the stated benefit until completion of stage 5 of the wonder
- As the bonus health is a percentage, the health boost can be used best with the French and the Greeks. This is because the Chevalier/Companion Heavy Cavalry have a higher health pool than the normal heavy cavalry, but any troop, regardless of nation can benefit from extra HP.
The Palace of Versailles is a French royal palace complex located in a suburb of Paris. Construction began on the palace and gardens in 1664 and continued in stages through 1710. Subsequent monarchs continued to enhance and renovate the structures until the Revolution in 1789 (when France pretty much ran out of monarchs). After the Revolution, Versailles served a number of lowly purposes until it was turned into a museum in 1837. Versailles is a staggeringly beautiful structure. The building's wonderful halls and ballrooms, stunningly appointed living quarters and extensive elegant gardens have awed visitors - royalists and Republicans alike - for centuries, leading us to the inescapable conclusion that indeed 'it's good to be king.' However, the palace has no bathrooms, as back when the palace was in use, there were no toilets, and people 'did their business', by peeing and pooing in chamber pots in private rooms. Servants would dump the 'waste', out the windows, leaving the palace stinky only prevented by the flower gardens.
Note: the HP shown below is for Gunpowder Age; it increases with every age.
- Versailles +10% Health boost affects all ground troops regardless of its range. All defensive and attacking ground troops get the +10% health bonus, including the Generals.
- If you have the Acropolis wonder the +15% health bonus from is NOT additive to the Versailles +10% health bonus for an expected +25% health bonus. They are multiplied together instead with the Versailles modifying defensive troops health +10% then the Acropolis modifying that result for health +15% more.This results in +26.5% health bonus when both Acropolis and Versailles are used together.
|Range||4 squares from building edge|
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|