The Vandal is the level 4 German unique Assault Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the Soldier. It can be upgraded to become a Heavy Vandal. It's researched in a level 3 blacksmith. It replaces the hoplite.
- Vandals can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Vandals would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Vandals can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Vandals are weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, Vandals has 20% more damage than standard hoplites.
Historical Description Edit
"The Vandals were a tribe of tough Germanic warriors originally from Eastern Europe. Driven west into Germany by the Huns, they spent several centuries allying and fighting with the Romans and various other tribes in the neighborhood, eventually building a substantial kingdom on the coast of North Africa. In 455 CE they sacked Rome (which probably had it coming to them)."
The vandal is equipped with a horned raider helmet, bronze breastplate, iron shield, and steel axe. He wears a white tunic and pants, a brown belt and leather boots.
- If used in large groups; Vandals can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against vandals and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your vandals around so the catapult would have to hit each hoplite to kill it and that its impact would not affect other vandals as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as composite bowmen to support vandals.
- Vandals can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as composite bowmen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- A common misconception is that vandals do not wear horned helmets.
- The term "vandalism" was from the use of the Germanic tribe 'Vandals' since the Vandals sacked and looted Rome and that vandalism means senseless destruction.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|