“The center of your civilization, it is here that your people will advance through the ages of history.”
“The Town Center also grants enemies a victory star in battle if it falls, and stores a small amount of food and gold (600 each).”
- The Town Center, which later becomes the City Center is the player's 'main building' of the game. It stores a few resources and it's the only way to advance Ages.
- Invading enemies will gain one star and win if the City Center is destroyed. The City Center has certain defensive capabilities if the Chinese or Japanese are chosen.
- The City Center starts out as the Town Center from the Dawn Age to the Enlightenment Age and becomes the City Center at the Industrial Age.
- A loading screen tip: "...the level of Town Center defenders is based off your highest level Garrison."
- Japanese Town/City Center can shoot invading enemies.
Defensive Strategies Edit
The Town Center is one of the most important buildings in the game due to providing different functions. A destroyed Town Center can equal one star and if destroyed in less than a minute; will give another star. The Town Center's function varies in these types of bases below.
A Medal-Pushing base's goal is to focus on winning defenses to get more medals to push to a higher league. In a Medal-Pushing base, the Town Center must be in in the center of the base to prevent its destruction. Markets, Oil Refineries, and Mills are suggested to be outside the base since resources aren't the highest priority.
A hybrid base's goal is to win defenses while defending both the Town Center and the resources. In a hybrid base, the Town Center must be in in the center of the base to prevent its destruction. The resources are also necessary so Markets, Oil Refineries, and Mills are required to be inside the base. These bases are half as efficient as a Medal-Pushing Base and a Farming Base due to the fact that the base must defend two things at once in order to be successful.
A farming base's only priority is to defend your resources. In a farming base, the Town Center must be outside of the base to make opponents focus on it for medals and not your resources. However, the Town Center must still connect to a Road if the Road is to keep making Gold. Markets, Oil Refineries, and Mills should be inside the base since a farming base's priority is to defend them. Farming bases are sometimes used as medal-pushing bases because a 2-star loss for losing the Town Center doesn't cost a lot of medals.
Boost Statistics Edit
Level Statistics Edit
|Build Time||XP Gain||HP||Food Storage||Gold Storage|
Maximum Number of Defensive BuildingsEdit
|Age||Ambush Trap||Anti-Tank Gun||Caltrops||Catapult / Mortar||Garrison||Gate||Redoubt / Machine Gun||Landmines / Spike Trap||Stable / Tank Depot||Tower||Wall|
|Classical Age||1||1||1 (2)||3||2||1||3 (4)||80|
|Medieval Age||2||2||2||2 (3)||3 (4)||3||2||90|
|Gunpowder Age||3||2 (3)||8||2||3||4 (5)||100|
|Enlightenment Age||4||3||2 (3)||4 (5)||3||110|
|Industrial Age||5||4||3 (4)||3 (4)||5||4||5 (6)||120|
|Global Age||6||5||4 (5)||4||10||4||5||7||130|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 An extra Catapult can be built by researching Chapter 3 of the Machinery Technology
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 An extra Tower can be built by researching Chapter 1 of the Watch Towers Technology
Maximum Number of Economy BuildingsEdit
|Click button on the right to expand|
|Dawn Age||-||-||3||3 (4)||-||1||1||-||-||-|
|Stone Age||-||-||4||3 (4)||-||1||1||-||-||-|
|Bronze Age||2||2||4||4 (5)||-||2||30||-||-|
|Iron Age||4||4||4||4 (5)||-||2||2||40||1||1||-|
|Classical Age||5||5||4 (6)||5 (6)||1||2||2||50 (60)||1||1||-|
|Medieval Age||6 (8)||6 (8)||4 (6)||5 (6)||1||2||2||60 (70)||1||1||-|
|Gunpowder Age||6 (8)||6 (8)||4 (6)||6 (7)||1||3||3||70 (80)||1||1||1|
|Enlightenment Age||6 (8)||6 (8)||4 (6)||6 (7)||1||3||3||80 (90)||1||1||1|
|Industrial Age||6 (8)||6 (8)||4 (6)||7 (7)||1||3||3||90 (100)||1||1||1|
|Global Age||6 (8)||6(8)||4 (6)||7||1||3||3||100 (110)||1||1||1|
|Atomic Age||6 (8)||6 (8)||4 (8)||8||1||4||4||110 (120)||1||1||1|
Maximum Number of Army BuildingsEdit
|Click button on the right to expand|
|Age||Barracks||Blacksmith||Castle||Mercenary Camp||War Academy|
- It's reasonable that the the name 'Town Center' came from the building of the same name from the RTS game Age of Empires. Before, Big Huge Games collaborated with Ensemble Studios (creator of Age of Empires) to help create the expansion pack Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties.
See also Edit
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|