These heavily-armored units will attacks defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.
The Renault FT(-17) Tank is a level 6 armo(u)red Heavy Cavalry troop unlocked in the Industrial Age. Its predecessor is the Cuirassier and it can be upgraded to the Medium Tank. It is researched in a level 8 armory.
General Information Edit
- Like previous Heavy Cavalry units, tanks are the armored front runners among all troops. Their default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop of their age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, their disadvantages is that they have low damage and can be killed easily by Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description Edit
- "First deployed during the last year of World War I, the French Renault FT was lighter and faster than previous tank designs. With its fully rotating turret, crew in the front and engine in the back, the FT is often considered the first truly modern tank, and many saw service during World War II."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the City Center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of tanks and a Wall Breacher such as the Engineer. When attacking, deploy your engineer and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your tanks to destroy the City Center.
- Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the tank, the tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the tank distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry such as the Rifleman or Heavy Infantry such as Shock Infantry after deploying the tanks to eliminate the defensive troops.
- Since tanks are weak against Anti-Tank Towers and garrison defenders, pair them with SMG's and Artillery troops such as the Howitzer.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns tanks in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- The Renault FT Tank is the first level of Heavy Cavalry that is used by North European, Mediterranean, and Oriental nations.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|