Shock Infantry is the level 9 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age and it can be upgraded to Assault Infantry. Its predecessor is the Fusilier. It is researched in a level 8 armory
General Information Edit
- Shock Infantry can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Shock Infantry would attack the closest building in front of them but will fight back when attacked by an enemy troop.
- Shock Infantry can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Shock Infantry are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"Shock Infantry are soldiers in formations that are created to lead an attack. They are often better trained and equipped than other infantry, and expected to take heavy casualties even in successful operations."
Mediterranean: A generic WWI/Boer War uniform is worn, the standard tan colour. The soldier has a backpack, purple armbands (?) sunglasses and wields a high-caliber rifle with a bi-pod.
North European: Wears a German WWI uniform digingishable by Stielhandgranate and m1907 Field cap. While also having a cliché moustache (which was really common in the trenches!) They appear to have a standard bolt-action rifle.
Oriental: Shares similarities with Russian, and later Soviet troops in uniform, with a standard felt cap like in the First World War. He appears to carry an Anti-Tank Rifle, or some rifle with bi-pod.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups, shock infantry can be a devastating force. High damage against structures allows a vast quantity of them to easily destroy a base unless they are under heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against shock infantry and can kill a group of them with only a few hits if the soldiers are bunched together. Avoid this by spreading your shock infantry out, or deploy heavy cavalry to distract and destroy the mortars.
- Use ranged infantry such as riflemen to support shock infantry.
- Shock infantry can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of Shock infantry can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun towers and Mortars.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 8 garrison can train up shock infantry to help defend the village from attackers. Position the garrison inside your walls (with gates nearby for outside access). That way, the garrison can train shock infantry without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training shock infantry would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 5 ambush trap deploys shock infantry when triggered by nearby enemy troops. It is recommended that you place these traps in areas where your enemies are likely to deploy heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|