Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.
The Shizoku is the level 9 Japanese unqiue Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age and it can be upgraded to Kazoku. Its predecessor is the Ashigaru. It is researched in a level 8 blacksmith. It replaces shock infantry.
- Shizoku can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Shizoku would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Shizoku can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Shizoku are weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, Shizoku has 20% more damage than the standard shock infantry they replace.
"The Shizoku or heavy infantry, see themselves as the heirs to the Japanese samurai, albeit with rifle and grenade rather than sword and bow. They are fearless in battle, eager to give their lives to achieve their commander's goals. They are not suicide troops, however, and they're quite happy to take their enemies' lives rather than their own when possible."
The troop looks to be holding a Type 44 Carbine. The troop also looks to be wearing a Japanese cap used by the military from the beginning of the Meiji period and is wearing a heavy winter coat with buttons on them.
- If used in large groups; Shizoku can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Shizoku and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Shizoku around so the mortar would have to hit each Shizoku to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Shizoku as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as riflemen to support Shizoku.
- Shizoku can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
Shizoku (士族) was the social class of former samurai after the Meiji Restoration.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|