Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||136|
|Damage vs Infantry||34|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Assault Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Classical Age|
|Upgrade Time||12 hours|
The Samurai is a level 5 Japanese unique Assault Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Bushi and it can be upgraded to the Heavy Samurai. It is researched in a level 4 blacksmith. It replaces the phalanx.
- Samurai can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Samurai would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Samurai can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Samurai are weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, samurai has 20% more damage than the standard phalanxes they replace.
"Samurai are widely recognized as some of the best warriors in world history. While they were excellently trained and armed, their potency is also a result of the Samurai's death-embracing philosophy: "Bushido is realized in the presence of death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. There is no other reasoning." Yamamoto Tsunetomo"
the samurai can be seen wearing a conical hat and a red metal armor that partiarly covers the shirt he wears sandals pants and a belt
- If used in large groups; Samurai can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Samurai and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Samurai around so the catapult would have to hit each Samurai to kill it and that its impact would not affect other phalanxes as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as archers to support Samurai.
- Samurai can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as archers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|