|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||486|
|Damage vs Resource Buildings||145|
|Favourite Target||Defensive Buildings|
|Training Time||5 minutes & 50 seconds|
|Troop Type||Heavy Cavalry|
|Weakness||Vulnerable to Anti-Tank Guns, deals low damage|
|Age Unlocked||Global Age|
“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
The SOMUA S-35 Tank is the level 8 French unique armored Heavy Cavalry troop unlocked in the Global Age. Its predecessor is the R-35 Tank and can be upgraded to the ARL-44 Tank. It's researched in a level 9 armory. It replaces the Battle Tank.
General Information Edit
- Like all heavy cavalry, S-35 Tanks are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hit points; they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the S-35 Tank can be trained in 5 minutes and 8 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (5 minutes and 50 seconds).
- The S-35 Tank is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- The S-35 Tank has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- If you build the Notre Dame wonder, you can upgrade to S-35 Tank for (...) food, which is (...) less than the original price (...).
- As a French unique unit, S-35 Tank tanks can inflict more damage and has more health than standard tanks.
Historical Description Edit
"The SOMUA S-35 was a French cavalry tank in World War II. Though it was expensive to produce and required its commander to sit outside the turret, the S-35 was nevertheless powerful and well-armored. The Germans were able to defeat the French armored forces through better strategy and communications, as opposed to any superiority in design."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- S-35 Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- S-35 Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, S-35 Tanks can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Anti-Tank Guns can destroy S-35 Tanks easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the anti-tank gun is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the City Center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of S-35 Tanks and a combat engineer. When attacking, deploy an engineer and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your S-35 Tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your S-35 Tanks to destroy the City Center.
- S-35 Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the S-35 Tank, the S-35 Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the S-35 Tank distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry such as the Submachine Gun or Heavy Infantry such as Assault Infantry after deploying the S-35 Tanks to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- S-35 Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health, making it longer to kill them.