The Royal Chu Ko Nu is the level 5 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit available in the Medieval Age. It's predecessor is the Elite Chu Ko Nu. Later on, It can be upgraded to become a Fire Lance. This unit replaces the crossbowman. It is upgraded in the level 5 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Royal Chu Ko Nu can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. However; as a Chinese unique unit; they can shoot 2 times faster than standard ranged infantry. Despite of this, they can only do 60% damage of a standard ranged infantry per shot.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Royal Chu Ko Nu would attack them.
Historical Description Edit
"Some troops would carry a composite version of the Chu Ko Nu, giving the weapon bigger punch. Royal Chu Ko Nu saw action as late as the 19th century, when China deployed them in large numbers against the Japanese in the China-Japan war of 1895, where they were handily defeated by the modern rifles and artillery deployed by the Japanese."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Royal Chu Ko Nu has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular bowman; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as pikemen as meat shields to protect the Royal Chu Ko Nu.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Royal Chu Ko Nu to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
- Royal Chu Ko Nu can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|