Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers have more health.
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||200|
|Damage vs Infantry||50|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Assault Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Enlightenment Age|
|Upgrade Cost||4,000,000 (with Notre Dame 3,600,000)|
|Upgrade Time||4 days|
The Praetorian Fusilier is a level 8 Roman unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Praetorian Guard and it can be upgraded to the Alpini. It is researched in a level 7 blacksmith. It replaces the fusilier.
- Praetorian Fusiliers can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Praetorian Fusiliers would attack the closest building in front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Praetorian Fusiliers can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Praetorian Fusiliers are weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Praetorian Fusiliers has 25% more health than the standard fusiliers they replace.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; Praetorian Fusiliers can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Praetorian Fusiliers and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Praetorian Fusiliers around so the mortar would have to hit each Praetorian Fusilier to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Praetorian Fusiliers as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as musketeers to support Praetorian Fusiliers.
- Praetorian Fusiliers can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as musketeers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- A misconception is that the term 'Praetorian' applies to the Roman office of a praetor; a army commander or a magistrate. Praetors only exist in the Ancient Roman Empire which is in the Classical Age; three ages below the Enlightenment Age.
- This way, Preatorian Fusiliers never existed in the real world.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|