|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||75|
|Damage vs Infantry||18|
|Training Cost||110 (70 if Greeks)|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Assault Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Classical Age|
|Upgrade Cost||175,000 (with Notre Dame 157,500)|
|Upgrade Time||12 hours|
"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings"
- Phalanxes can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Phalanxes would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Phalanxes can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Phalanxes are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"The Phalanx is a tight military formation armed with large shields and extra-long spears, first adopted in the 8th century BC by the Spartans. The front line of the unit locks shields, and several ranks of soldiers are able to thrust their spears over the shield-wall at the enemy. The formation is only effective on flat, open terrain, but when deployed by highly-trained troops, can be devastating against cavalry and other infantry."
Mediterranean: It has bronze armour. This soldier is modelled after the ancient Greek soldier.
North European: Appearance like dark age soldier, Iron armour, black belt and leather sleeves.
Oriental: This troop has darker coloured armour, wears a couple of red bands
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; phalanxes can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against phalanxes and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your phalanxes around so the catapult would have to hit each phalanx to kill it and that its impact would not affect other phalanxes as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as archers to support phalanxes.
- Phalanxes can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as archers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 4 garrison can train up phalanxes to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train phalanxes without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training phalanxes would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 2 ambush trap deploys phalanxes when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in heavy cavalry.
- Despite the name phalanx, it's actually a formation of Greek hoplite soldiers.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|