General Information Edit
There are different forms of Obstacles in the game. The main ones are annoyances such as trees, rocks, and oil seeps. You cannot construct buildings on space occupied by Obstacles or move Buildings there. Some Obstacles, such as Ruins that have been investigated, can be moved.
When clearing Forests, you may find trees, rocks, or other beneficial Obstacles that you can clean up to receive Food, Gold, or other bonuses such as Metal or Crowns. Obstacles with rewards such as these include Locked Chests, Amphora, Ruins, and Gold Deposits. Obstacles take one citizen to clear, except for Gold Deposits, which take two.
- Periodic Obstacle Growth
Between logins and loading screens, trees will grow in empty spaces. Also, once you build an Oil Refinery after reaching the Enlightenment Age, Oil will periodically seep out of the ground as time passes (you have to have an Oil Refinery and be in the Enlightenment Age for this to happen). Trees and oil seeps will only grow/seep up on the south eastern and south western borders of your town.
Oil Seeps Edit
|Locked Chest||15s?||~200 |
|Substantial Locked Chest||45s||~515 |
|Colossal Locked Chest||1m||6,000~23,000 |
- Medium Gold Deposit: 2 citizen, "There's gold in them there rocks", can be mined 3 times, ~2000 gold reward (real rewards scene: 2,205, 1,967, 2,149), +100 technology bonus, 20 sec time per mining, 40% chance of getting metal bars (real rewards seen: 2 metal bars, 3 metal bars).
- Large Gold Deposit: 2 citizen, "There's gold in them there rocks", can be mined 3 times, ~10,000 gold reward (real rewards scene: 13,649, 12,058, 13,562), +2,500 technology bonus, 20 sec time per mining, 60% chance of getting metal bars (real rewards seen: 0 metal bars, 0 metal bars, 0 metal bars).
- Chapter 2: -50% clearing cost of Obstacles.
- Chapter 3: 5% chance of finding an animal when clearing Obstacles(does not apply to oil seeps).
- Chapter 4: +10% chance of finding an animal when clearing Obstacles(does not apply to oil seeps).
- Chapter 4: +20% Oil gained from oil seeps.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|