Mortar Infantry is the eight type of Troop to use for the player in DomiNations. From a range, they're excellent against Buildings. Unlike Ranged Siege, they have more health and can attack enemy Troops. However, they are weak against Troops; especially Heavy Cavalry. They're unlocked in the Gunpowder Age.
General Information Edit
The standard Mortar Infantry's A.I. is to destroy the nearest Building possible from a range. It also tries to kill nearby enemy Troops as well if it gets the chance. If enemy Troops attack the Mortar Infantry while it is damaging a Building, the Mortar Infantry will defend itself and attack back. However, although Mortar Infantry can attack enemy Troops, it is usually weak against them, primarily Heavy Cavalry.
Mortar Infantry takes up 6 spaces in the Barracks. They are trained in 14 minutes. There is currently no unique unit based off the Mortar Infantry.
|Name||Age||HP||DPS||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Experience Gain|
|Guard Mortar||Enlightenment Age||923||200||13,000*||5,500,000||4d||1,115|
|Heavy Field Mortar||Atomic||1,456||351||10,000||10,000,000||12d||2,040|
|Elite Field Mortar||Cold War Age||1,543||380||11,800||14,700,000||13d||2,130|
*costs reduce by half. to confirm...
- Chapter 4 : +10% Barracks Troops' attack and health
- Chapter 1 : +10% Mortar Infantry hitpoints
- Chapter 2 : +10% Mortar Infantry attack
- Chapter 3 : +10% Mortar Infantry hitpoints
- Chapter 4 : +10% Mortar Infantry attack
- Chapter 5 : +1 Mortar Infantry range
- Mortar Infantry Damage: +3% damage of Mortar Infantry (10 levels)
- Mortar Infantry Hitpoints: +3% hitpoints for Mortar Infantry (10 levels)
The Versailles wonder confers these bonuses to the Mortar Infantry:
- Hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops: 10%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoints bonus from +10% to +11%.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|