|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||52|
|Damage vs Infantry||211|
|Favourite Target||Enemy Troops|
|Training Time||50 seconds|
|Troop Type||Ranged Infantry|
|Weakness||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Industrial Age|
|Upgrade Time||8 days|
"While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!"
The Manchu Rifleman is the level 8 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age. Its predecessor is the Fire Dragon. It can be upgraded to the Long March Infantry. This unit replaces the Rifleman. It is upgraded in the level 8 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Manchu Riflemen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Manchu Riflemen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Manchu Riflemen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Manchu Riflemen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Manchu Riflemen would attack them.
The Qing dynasty (1644 - 1911) was the result of the successful Manchu conquest of China. A banner system was invented to organize the Manchu armies and played a key role in the unification of the Jurchen people. Additional Mongol and Chinese banner armies were assimilated into the Qing military.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Manchu Riflemen has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular shooter; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Manchu Riflemen have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry such as Shock Infantry as meat shields to protect the Manchu Rifleman.
- Manchu Riflemen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Manchu Riflemen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Manchu Riflemen can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- The Manchu Rifleman is very loosely related to the Chinese Industrial Unit "Manchu Rifleman" from Rise of Nations
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|