“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
General Information Edit
- Like its Heavy Cavalry forerunners, Main Battle Tanks are the armored front runners among all troops. Their default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop of their age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, their disadvantages is that they have low damage and can be killed easily by Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description Edit
"The development of main battle tank (MBT) rendered all other tank classes virtually obsolete. While previous tanks had more specialized capabilities, MBTs provided an ideal combination of mobility, protection and firepower. One of the best Cold War MBT designs was the British Centurion. Adopted by the armed forces of several nations, the Centurion saw action in Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and more. As with most modern tank, Centurion had a four-man crew consisting of a commander, a loader, a gunner and a driver."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Main Battle Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Main Battle Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Main Battle Tanks and a Wall Breacher such as the Veteran Combat Engineer. When attacking, deploy your combat engineer and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Main Battle Tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your Main Battle Tanks to destroy the City Center.
- Main Battle Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the battle tank, the Main Battle Tanks will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the battle tank distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as the Veteran SMG or heavy infantry such as Elite Infantry after deploying the tanks to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Main Battle Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main Battle Tanks in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- The Centurion Tank is the fourth level of Heavy Cavalry that is used by North European, Mediterranean, and Oriental nations.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|