"General MacArthur was a five-star general in the American army and played a large role in three major wars: the Western Front of World War I, the Pacific theater of World War II, and led the United Nations Command in the Korean War"
Historical Description Edit
Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964) was an American general who commanded the Southwest Pacific in World War II (1939-1945), oversaw the successful Allied occupation of postwar Japan and led United Nations forces in the Korean War (1950-1953). A larger-than-life, controversial figure, MacArthur was talented, outspoken and, in the eyes of many, egotistical. He graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in 1903 and helped lead the 42nd Division in France during World War I (1914-1918). He went on to serve as superintendent of West Point, chief of staff of the Army and field marshal of the Philippines, where he helped organize a military. During World War II, he famously returned to liberate the Philippines in 1944 after it had fallen to the Japanese. MacArthur led United Nations forces during the start of the Korean War, but later clashed with President Harry Truman over war policy and was removed from command.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- MacArthur the Great can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/troops.
- AVOID ballistics towers, cannons, or anti-tank towers with MacArthur. These defense buildings are designed to take out any troop/general that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannons is to rally straight back out of your clean path near buildings, bringing your troops back with your generals to help escort him or for MacArthur to kill any cavalry, foot troop, or general stalking your troops
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible cannons, towers, and troops can kill MacArthur and your troops if you pass by the defense buildings.
- If you are attacking without tanks with your troops, MacArthur can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with MacArthur to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since it will turn into that MacArthur will be the only one alive.
- (Mainly used for Medieval age, no longer recommended for this age) If a mortar is in position to wipe out troops, but is easily accessible without Cannons in range, put MacArthur down and rally him to the Mortar to wipe it out. Then continue your attack with placement of troops and tactics.
- Douglas MacArthur was born on January 26, 1880, at the Little Rock Barracks in Arkansas.
- From 1919 to 1922 Douglas MacArthur served as the superintendent of West Point and instituted a variety of reforms intended to modernize the school.
- In 1930 President Herbert Hoover (1874-1964) named MacArthur chief of staff of the Army, with the rank of general.
- In April 1942, MacArthur was appointed supreme commander of Allied forces in the Southwest Pacific and awarded the Medal of Honor for his defense of the Philippines.
- On April 11, 1951, Truman removed MacArthur from his command for insubordination. In an address to Americans that day, the president stated, “I believe that we must try to limit the war to Korea for these vital reasons: To make sure that the precious lives of our fighting men are not wasted; to see that the security of our country and the free world is not needlessly jeopardized; and to prevent a third world war.” MacArthur had been fired, he said, “so that there would be no doubt or confusion as to the real purpose and aim of our policy.”
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|