"General MacArthur was a five-star general in the American army and played a large role in three major wars: the Western Front of World War I, the Pacific theater of World War II, and led the United Nations Command in the Korean War"
Historical Description Edit
"MacArthur (1880-1964) Few officers of the United States armed forces have achieved such distinction - or notoriety - as General Douglas MacArthur. He participated in all three major wars of the first half of the 20th Century, from WWI to Korea, but is best known for his role in the Pacific Theater of World War II. His defense of the Philippines could not slow the initial Japanese advance in the weeks after Pearl Harbor, but three years later he waded ashore at Leyte, famously proclaiming, "I have returned." After the war, MacArthur oversaw the rebuilding of Japan, including the new Constitution with a commitment to pacifism and a groundbreaking gender-equity clause. During the Korean War, he became Commander-in-Chief of the United Nations forces, where he executed the daring amphibious assault at Incheon to cut the enemy's supply lines. Eventually relieved for his perceived insubordination, MacArthur gave a final speech to the US Congress, where he declared 'old soldiers never die; they just fade away.'"
Attacking Strategies Edit
- MacArthur can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with MacArthur. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him or for MacArthur to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill MacArthur and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, MacArthur can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with MacArthur to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since MacArthur will be the only one left alive.
- Douglas MacArthur was born on January 26, 1880, at the Little Rock Barracks in Arkansas.
- From 1919 to 1922 Douglas MacArthur served as the superintendent of West Point and instituted a variety of reforms intended to modernize the school.
- In 1930 President Herbert Hoover (1874-1964) named MacArthur chief of staff of the Army, with the rank of general.
- In April 1942, MacArthur was appointed supreme commander of Allied forces in the Southwest Pacific and awarded the Medal of Honor for his defense of the Philippines.
- On April 11, 1951, Truman removed MacArthur from his command for insubordination. In an address to Americans that day, the president stated, “I believe that we must try to limit the war to Korea for these vital reasons: To make sure that the precious lives of our fighting men are not wasted; to see that the security of our country and the free world is not needlessly jeopardized; and to prevent a third world war.” MacArthur had been fired, he said, “so that there would be no doubt or confusion as to the real purpose and aim of our policy.”
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|