The Longbowman is a level 3 British unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the bowman. It can be upgraded to the Elite Longbowman. This British unique unit replaces the composite bowman. It is upgraded in the level 3 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Longbowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Longbowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Longbowmen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Longbowmen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Longbowmen would attack them.
- As a British unique unit, Longbowmen has 15% more damage and 1% more attack speed than regular composite bowmen
Historical Description Edit
"The English or Welsh Longbowman wields a simple but deadly weapon. Constructed of yew (Though other materials were substituted when the supply of yew was depleted), the bow is a long 'D' shaped piece of wood with a hemp string. It has a draw weight of 80-250 lbs (whereas a modern longbow's draw weight generally maxes at around 60). With these weapons a trained archer could punch through all but the strongest armor of the Middle Ages."
The longbowman wears a white shirt and white pants. In the middle of the shirt is a red cross, likely to represent the cross of St. George. Around his neck is chain armor. He has a bracer on his arm and holds a quiver made our of animal skin on his back; full of arrows. He holds a wooden longbow and a wooden arrow.
- Longbowmen have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as hoplites as meat shields to protect the composite bowmen.
- Longbowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Longbowmen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Longbowmen can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|