The Legion is a Level 4 Roman unique Assault Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the Soldier. It can be upgraded to the Heavy Legion. It is researched in a level 3 blacksmith. It replaces the hoplite.
- Legions can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Legions would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Legions can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Legions are weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Legions has 25% more health than the standard hoplites they replace.
"The Roman Legion is often thought to be the best infantry unit in world history. These conscripts were armed with spear and sword, and wore a helmet and breastplate. They carried large shields, generally oval or rectangular in shape. Legionaries fought with extraordinary discipline and ferocity. They marched the length and breadth of the known world, conquering Europe, Great Britain, North Africa, and a large chunk of Asia as well."
the legion soldier is holding a Pilum (javelin) and a Scutum (shield) he wears a brown armoured vest that covers his shirt and white pants.
- If used in large groups; Legions can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Legions and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Legions around so the catapult would have to hit each Legion to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Legions as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as composite bowmen to support Legions.
- Legions can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as composite bowmen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|