General Information Edit
- Like previous Heavy Cavalry units, lancers are the mounted front runners among all troops. Their default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop of their age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, their disadvantages is that they have low damage and can be killed easily by Cannon Towers.
Historical Description Edit
"Lancers were cavalry of the 17th-19th centuries, typically armed with a lance of perhaps 10 feet in length. At the Battle of Omdurman (1898), the 400-strong 21st Lancers routed 2,500 Mahdist infantry in what would be one of the last great cavalry charges in history."
Mediterranean: Like a spanish conquisterdores cavalry, feared by all the south american tribes. Gold armour, plume and shield.
North European:The age of the knight was drawing to a close, iron armour with gold symbols. Cataphract horse armour and large halberd.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Lancers have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Lancers are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of lancers and a wall breacher such as a wall sapper. When attacking, deploy your wall sapper and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your lancers in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your lancers to destroy the Town Center.
- Lancers would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the lancer, the lancer will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the lancer distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as arquebusiers or heavy infantry such as halberdiers after deploying the lancers to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Lancers are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns lancers in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Although this unit is called "lancer", none of its versions actually carries a lance or a spear, but a halberd instead. Interestingly enough, Halberds are not a weapon that can be used on horseback.
- In European warfare, Lancers typically were light cavalry, not heavy cavalry. Although, there were examples of very heavily armored lancers, these were mostly abandoned during the middle ages. By contrast, Ottoman and Mughal forces did use very heavy lancers.
- By the time of the Gunpowder age (approx. 15th -17th Century) a heavily armored knight like this would have been obsolete.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|