"While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique British troops have +1 range!"
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||44|
|Damage vs Infantry||116|
|Training Time||50 seconds|
|Troop Type||Ranged Infantry|
|Weakness||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Medieval Age|
|Upgrade Cost||525,000 (with Notre Dame 472,500)|
|Upgrade Time||1 day|
The King's Longbowman is a British level 5 unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Elite Longbowman. It can be upgraded to the Yeomanry. This British unique unit replaces the crossbowman. It is upgraded in the level 5 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, King's Longbowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- King's Longbowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- King's Longbowmen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- King's Longbowmen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, King's Longbowmen would attack them.
- As a British unique unit, King's Longbowmen has 15% more damage and 1 more attack range than regular crossbowmen.
"During the Hundred Years' War, King Henry V won his most famous victory against superior French numbers at Agincourt, on St. Crispin's Day 1415(October 25th). He achieved this victory primarily through his heavy reliance on his crack Longbow troops, which made up over 70% of his overall army. Despite outnumbering the British by as much as 4 to 1, the French assault crumbled under repeated volleys of accurate ranged fire."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- King's Longbowmen have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as pikemen as meat shields to protect the composite bowmen.
- King's Longbowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use King's Longbowmen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- King's Longbowmen can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|