The King's Longbowman is a British level 5 unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Elite Longbowman. It can be upgraded to the Yeomanry. This British unique unit replaces the crossbowman. It is upgraded in the level 5 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, King's Longbowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage against enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- King's Longbowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- King's Longbowmen are ranged units, and so can destroy buildings over walls.
- King's Longbowmen will attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop they will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, King's Longbowmen will prioritize them.
- As a British unique unit, King's Longbowmen has 15% more damage and 1 more attack range than regular crossbowmen.
"During the Hundred Years' War, King Henry V won his most famous victory against superior French numbers at Agincourt, on St. Crispin's Day 1415(October 25th). He achieved this victory primarily through his heavy reliance on his crack Longbow troops, which made up over 70% of his overall army. A trained Longbow man could fire 12 arrows a minute, and Henry had thousands of them at Agincourt. Despite outnumbering the British by as much as 4 to 1, the French assault crumbled under repeated volleys of accurate ranged fire."
They are using the iconic English Longbow and wearing a tunic with the Christian cross over the armour. This type of garment indicates that they are either part of a Crusading Army or a part of of Richard the Lionheart's army.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- King's Longbowmen have low health making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as pikemen as meat shields to protect them.
- King's Longbowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use King's Longbowmen to protect your heavy infantry from the opponent infantry, so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- King's Longbowmen are good when used as Alliance Troops. They can will shoot over walls forcing the attacking troops to destroy the wall in order to kill them. This is especially good when dealing with heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|