|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||264|
|Damage vs Infantry||66|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Heavy Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Enlightenment Age|
|Upgrade Time||4 days|
Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!
The Junker is a level 8 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Landsknecht and it can be upgraded to the Wehrmacht. It is researched in a level 7 blacksmith. It replaces the fusilier.
General Information Edit
- Junkers can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Junkers would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Junkers can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Junkers are weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, Junkers has 20% more damage than standard fusiliers.
Historical Description Edit
"Junkers were the lesser sons of the Germanic nobility, who chose to go into military service mostly because they foolishly failed to be born first and therefore didn't get to inherit the lands and titles of their fathers. They sought to make their fortune the old-fashioned way: by stealing it from enemies. Because they are children of wealth, Junkers are equipped with the very best weaponry and armor available."
- If used in large groups; junkers can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against junkers and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your junkers around so the mortar would have to hit each junker to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Junkers as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as musketeers to support junkers.
- Junkers can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as musketeers from heavy fire from defenses.
- A misconception is that the junker only exists before the Enlightenment Age. The Enlightenment Age also uses new uniforms and that the uniform the junker is wearing is extremely similar to the Heavy Landsknecht. Many troops during that age would use the regimental attire with facings and a uniform. The uniform the Junker is wearing won't stop a musket ball coming into his body even though he is wearing body armor.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|