The Hwarang is the level 3 Korean unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the bowman. It can be upgraded to the Elite Hwarang. This Korean unique unit replaces the composite bowman. It is upgraded in the level 3 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, the Hwarang can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Hwarang aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Hwarang are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Hwarang would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Hwarang would attack them.
- As a Korean unique unit; the Hwarang has 40% more damage than the standard Ranged Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"Chosen from Korean families of good morals for their youth and beauty, the Hwarang were not originally military in nature. They were more a group of young noblemen trained to excel physically and spiritually. By the time of the Three Kingdoms (approximately 75 BC to 1100 AD), they had become the warriors of the Silla Dynasty. The Hwarang were trained to use sword and to fight on horseback, but achieved pre-eminence in archery."
Hair is pulled up, wears a white headband, wears a blue robe, and wears brown boots.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Hwarang have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as hoplites as meat shields to protect the Hwarang.
- Hwarang are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Hwarang to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Hwarang can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with soldiers and/or cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Hwarang behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
- Use the Hwarangs to clean up outside buildings.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Hwarang can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- The Hwarang means "Flowering Knights"
- The Hwarang gathered for all aspects of study, originally for arts and culture, and stemming mainly from Buddhism in educational institutions and social groups.
- The Hwarang is known for their use of make-up, cosmetic decorations, and accessories.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|