|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||50|
|Damage vs Infantry||12|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Assault Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Iron Age|
|Upgrade Time||4 hours|
"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings"
- Hoplites can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Hoplites would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Hoplites can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Hoplites are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"Hoplites were the trained citizen-soldiers of the Ancient Greek city-states. The Hoplites reached their apogee in the wars against the Persians, where the Greek soldiers constantly outfought the enemy infantry."
Mediterranean: Armed with a bronze helmet with a red plume, and a bronze shield, breastplate, and spear, the Mediterranian hoplite wears a red sleeveless tunic, brown pants, and leather boots, armbands, and kilt.
North European: Armed with a metal helmet, shield, and spear, he has leather boots and a white shirt and pants.
Oriental: Armed with a steel helm, shield, and spear, he wears white pants and a white tunic, red hood and obi.
- If used in large groups; hoplites can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against hoplites and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your hoplites around so the catapult would have to hit each hoplite to kill it and that its impact would not affect other hoplites as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as composite bowmen to support hoplites.
- Hoplites can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as composite bowmen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 3 garrison can train up hoplites to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train hoplites without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training hoplites would be quicker than usual.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|