Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!
The Heavy Vandal is a level 5 German unique Assault Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Vandal and it can be upgraded to the Landsknecht. It is researched in a level 4 blacksmith. It replaces the phalanx.
- Heavy Vandals can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Heavy Vandals would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Heavy Vandals can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Heavy Vandals are weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, Heavy Vandals has 20% more damage than standard phalanxes.
Historical Description Edit
"The elite fighting men of the tribe, Vandal Heavy warriors were armed with several spears, a sword, wooden shield and iron cap. The more successful warriors might wear chain mail armour, typically captured from a less-successful (and now-deceased) foe. The Romans frequently employed Vandals as crack auxiliary cavalry, who, after being attacked by the Roman public, betrayed and helped destroy Rome. Vandals are not famous for refinement or sensitivity. After they sacked Rome, the term 'vandal' was used to describe anybody who breaks stuff for no good reason."
heavy vandals have an iron helmet with horns,an chain mail shirt,shoulder plates and an iron axe and shield and leather boots with a leather skirt with a cloth shirt and trousers
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; Heavy Vandals can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Heavy Vandals and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Heavy Vandals around so the catapult would have to hit each Heavy Vandal to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Heavy Vandals as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as archers to support Heavy Vandals.
- Heavy Vandals can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as archers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- A common misconception is that vandals do not wear horned helmets.
- The term "vandalism" was from the use of the Germanic tribe 'Vandals' since the Vandals sacked and looted Rome and that vandalism means senseless destruction.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|