The Heavy Legion is a Level 5 Roman unique Assault Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Legion. It can be upgraded to Caesar's Legion. It is researched in a level 4 blacksmith. It replaces the phalanx.
- Heavy Legions can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Heavy Legions would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Heavy Legions can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Heavy Legions are weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Heavy Legions has 25% more health than the standard phalanxes they replace.
"After Marius' reforms, all legionaries received the same equipment, regardless of wealth or class. They carried a javelin known as a 'pilum,' which when thrown was expected to get stuck in the enemy shield and render it useless rather than to kill the enemy soldier (though that would be okay too, presumably)."
The Heavy Legion appears to be wearing a set of Lorica Segmentata, or segmented plate armor. He is also carrying a spear or Pilum and a Scutum (Shield).
- If used in large groups; Heavy Legions can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Heavy Legions and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Heavy Legions around so the catapult would have to hit each Heavy Legion to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Heavy Legions as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as archers to support Heavy Legions.
- Heavy Legions can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as archers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Historically, the main weapon used by roman legionnaires was a sword (gladius) rather than a spear. They did carry a pilum into battle, however this was a javelin, rather than the spear this troops use in the game.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|