Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!
The Heavy Landsknecht is a level 7 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Landsknecht and it can be upgraded to the Junker. It is researched in a level 6 blacksmith. It replaces the halberdier.
- Heavy Landsknecht can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Heavy Landsknecht would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Heavy Landsknecht can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Heavy Landsknecht are weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, Heavy Landsknecht has 20% more damage than standard halberdiers.
"The best of the Landsknecht warriors were elite, heavily-armored soldiers often armed with huge swords used to chop at enemy pike and disrupt their formation. These Heavy Landsknecht were also assigned to protect the unit's standard-bearer, an incredibly important and dangerous assignment if the standard-bearer falls, the unit is in great peril of becoming demoralized and disorganized, which in combat usually means its destruction."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; Heavy Landsknecht can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Heavy Landsknecht and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Heavy Landsknecht around so the catapult would have to hit each Heavy Landsknecht to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Heavy Landsknecht as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as arquebusiers to support Heavy Landsknecht.
- Heavy Landsknecht can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as arquebusiers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Landsknecht would wear colorful armor and became a important fighting force in Europe in the Renaissance. They achieved being the universal mercenaries of Early-Modern Europe.
- The name Landsknecht roughly translates to "servant of the land" or "land knight."
- Historically, Landsknecht would use a variety of weapons, including firearms.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|