The Heavy Chevalier is the level 2 standard French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in the Classical Age.. Its predecessor is the Chevalier. It can be upgraded to become a Elite Chevalier. It is researched in a level 4 blacksmith. It replaces the cataphract.
- Heavy Chevaliers are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the heavy chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- The Heavy Chevalier is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- The Heavy Chevalier has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, heavy chevaliers can inflict more damage and has more health than standard cataphracts.
Historical Description Edit
"Wealthy chevaliers or those favored by their feudal lords would have heavier equipment - plate mail, horse barding, and the like - making them nearly invulnerable while on horseback. These Heavy Chevaliers were often accompanied in battle by squires, who were responsible for dragging them out of combat if they were unhorsed. There was nothing that an infantryman liked to see more than an enemy knight lying stuck in the mud."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Heavy Chevaliers have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Heavy Chevaliers are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, heavy chevaliers can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Ballista Towers can destroy heavy chevaliers easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the ballista tower is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of heavy chevaliers and a wall miner. When attacking, deploy a wall miner and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your heavy chevaliers in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your heavy chevaliers to destroy the Town Center.
- Heavy Chevaliers would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the heavy chevalier, the heavy chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the heavy chevalier distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as archers or heavy infantry such as phalanxes after deploying the heavy chevaliers to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defending Strategies Edit
- Heavy Chevaliers are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them. However, they take up 6 space in the alliance gate so it cannot be used in a level 1 Alliance Gate in the Iron Age (which can only hold 3 spaces) until it is upgraded to level 2 which is available in the Classical Age.
- Chevalier is French for Knight.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|