The Guard Chevalier the level 4 standard French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Elite Chevalier. It can be upgraded to become a Hussar. It is researched in a level 6 blacksmith. It is the French version of the lancer.
- Like all heavy cavalry, the guard chevaliers are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the guard chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- The Guard Chevalier is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- The Guard Chevalier has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- If you build the Notre Dame wonder, you can upgrade to guard chevaliers for 2,520,000 food, which is 280,000 less than the original price (2,800,000 food).
- As a French unique unit, guard chevaliers can inflict more damage and has more health than standard lancers.
Historical Description Edit
"The Guard Chevalier were assigned to protect the leader of the army on the battlefield. In medieval times, this was often the monarch himself. Thus the Guard were the deadliest warriors in the country, armed to the teeth and clad in the best armor the technology of the day was able to produce."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Guard Chevaliers have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Guard Chevaliers are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, guard chevaliers can be used as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Cannon Towers can destroy guard chevaliers easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the cannon tower is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of guard chevaliers and a wall sapper. When attacking, deploy a wall sapper and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your guard chevaliers in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your guard chevaliers to destroy the Town Center.
- Guard Chevaliers would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the guard chevalier, the guard chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the guard chevalier distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as arquebusiers or heavy infantry such as halberdiers after deploying the guard chevaliers to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defending Strategies Edit
- Guard Chevaliers are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- By the time of the Gunpowder Age (approx. 15 Century- 17th Century) a highly armored knight like this would have been obsolete.
- Chevalier is French for Knight.
- Previous versions of the Chevalier wore a fleur-de-lis, a heraldic symbol strongly associated with France, on their shields, this one wears a lion instead, a symbol much more associated with England.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|