The Fusilier is a level 8 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Halberdier and it can be upgraded to the Shock Infantry. It is researched in a level 7 blacksmith.
- Fusiliers can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Fusiliers would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Fusiliers can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Fusiliers are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"Fusiliers were infantry soldiers armed with primitive flintlock muskets and bayonets. In the British Army, Fusiliers were elite units deployed to escort artillery units which were otherwise vulnerable to cavalry and infantry attack. Although the flintlock has since been supplanted by far superior weapons, the title of 'Fusilier' persists in some military units as an honorific."
fusiliers wear a red shirt which is the traditional colour of the British army and wears a tricone or colonial hat and have a brown Bess musket or baker rifle with a bayonet. this is what the British soldiers wore in the american revolution and Napoleonic wars
- If used in large groups; fusiliers can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against fusiliers and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your fusiliers around so the mortar would have to hit each fusilier to kill it and that its impact would not affect other fusiliers as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as musketeers to support fusiliers.
- Fusiliers can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as musketeers from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 7 garrison can train up fusiliers to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train fusiliers without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training fusiliers would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 4 ambush trap deploys fusiliers when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|