- Forbidden City is one of four Wonders unlocked in the Classical Age.
- It acts as an extra Town Center only during combat; however, Japanese players don't have a firing Forbidden City nor do Chinese have town defenders spawning from it.
- Unlike the other wonders, this Wonder's effect is not directly enhanced by any Technologies; nevertheless, defensive technologies can make this wonder a slightly better choice than before.
- Construction Zone Stats
- Construction: 80,000food, 5 hours, 4 citizens must be completed 5 times.
- Bonus Food Per Day: +5,000
The Forbidden City (故宫) was the Chinese imperial palace from the Ming dynasty（明朝） to the end of the Qing dynasty（清朝）—the years 1420 to 1912. It is located in the centre of Beijing, China, and now houses the Palace Museum.（故宫博物院） It served as the home of emperors and their households as well as the ceremonial and political centre of Chinese government for almost 500 years.
Constructed from 1406 to 1420, the complex consists of 980 buildings and covers 72 ha (180 acres). The palace complex exemplifies traditional Chinese palatial architecture, and has influenced cultural and architectural developments in East Asia and elsewhere. The Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987, and is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world.
Since 1925, the Forbidden City has been under the charge of the Palace Museum, whose extensive collection of artwork and artifacts were built upon the imperial collections of the Ming and Qing dynasties. Part of the museum's former collection is now located in the National Palace Museum in Taipei. Both museums descend from the same institution, but were split after the Chinese Civil War. With over 14 million annual visitors, the Palace Museum is the most visited Museum in the world.
- Since the Forbidden City grants food per day, it can eventually pay for itself.
- It's health will not be enhanced by roads connected to it and other buildings.
- Many top players possess this wonder, as they want to prevent stars from being obtained easily.
|Age||Hitpoints||Food Storage||Gold Storage||Bonus Food / Day|
|Global Age||4,290 / 4,719 (Heritage)||30,000|
|Atomic Age||5,600 / 7,840 (Heritage + Monument)||35,000|
Since the 1.2.38 update, a food bonus is granted every day. Bonus food is based on your age level(+5,000 per age). The Forbidden City also stores 10,000 food and gold.
At some point, this building was flagged as a Town Center for purposes of damage reduction from Tactics and troops. Demolition, Barrage, Bombers and Transports all do reduced damage to the Forbidden City just as they do to the Town Center.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|