"While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!"
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||35|
|Damage vs Infantry||140|
|Training Time||50 seconds|
|Troop Type||Ranged Infantry|
|Weakness||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Gunpowder Age|
|Upgrade Cost||2,000,000 (with Notre Dame 1 800,000)|
|Upgrade Time||2 days|
The Fire Lance is the level 6 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Royal Chu Ko Nu. It can be upgraded to become a Fire Dragon. This unit replaces the arquebusier. It is upgraded in the level 6 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Fire Lances can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Fire Lances aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Fire Lances are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Fire Lances would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Fire Lances would attack them.
"Among the earliest of all gunpowder weapons, Chinese Fire Lances were originally simple bamboo tubes filled with gunpowder and projectiles tied to spears. As the combatants closed to engage, the wielder would fire the gunpowder-filled tube, hopefully injuring (or at least frightening) the defender, and then finish him off with the sharp end of the spear. As engineering became more effective, the Fire Lance morphed into an actual firearm, the spear portion becoming less important and eventually going away all together."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Fire Lances has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular shooter; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Fire Lances have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as halberdiers as meat shields to protect the Fire Lance.
- Fire Lances are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Fire Lances to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Fire Lances can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- In this game, Fire Lance troops are not equipped with fire lances, they are equipped with three-barrel hand cannons.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|