"While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!"
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||41|
|Damage vs Infantry||167|
|Training Time||50 seconds|
|Troop Type||Ranged Infantry|
|Weakness||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Upgrade Cost||4,000,000 (with Notre Dame 3,600,000)|
|Upgrade Time||4 days|
The Fire Dragon is the level 7 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Fire Lance. It can be upgraded to a Manchu Rifleman. This unit replaces the musketeer. It is upgraded in the level 7 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Fire Dragons can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Fire Dragons aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Fire Dragons are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Fire Dragons would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Fire Dragons would attack them.
"The 'Fire Dragon out of Water' was a remarkable weapon invented in 17th century China. Intially a two-stage rocket made to look like a dragon, the Fire Dragon was a tube perhaps 5 feet in length. It was launched toward the enemy by four or more primitive rockets attached to its sides. A fuse from one of these rockets led to several more inside the tube itself; when they were ignited they would provide the final thrust, (hopefully) driving the explosive-filled missile toward the enemy position. The weapons were used at sea, where they could be devastating against enemy ships, setting them on fire at great distance."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Fire Dragons has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular ranged infantry; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Fire Dragons have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as fusiliers as meat shields to protect the Fire Dragon.
- Fire Dragons are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Fire Dragons to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Fire Dragons can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- In this game, Fire Dragon troops are not equipped with the 'Fire Dragon out of Water' rockets, they are equipped with firearms. The name of this unit is wrong.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|