“Circle a target, performing 2 powerful strafing runs and suppresing buildings (causing them to operate slower). To deploy our aircraft, tap any building, or unit in enemy's base. When they've finished their attack, they may be redeployed.”
Fighters are the first type of air troop to use in the game DomiNations. They are excellent for taking down hordes of enemy units such as are Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry. They're unlocked in the Airstrip in the Industrial Age.
General Information Edit
The standard A.I. of a Fighter is that it circles a target, performing 2 powerful strafing runs and suppressing defense buildings (causing them to operate slower). Fighters are good against heavy armored units such as Heavy Cavalry due to having 17 times more bonus damage against them. They are also extremely useful to suppress enemy defense buildings as they operate 66% slower when suppressed and can be easily taken down by your grounds units. However, Fighters can be taken down easily by an Air Defense or a Tower. The order of planes to attack is sorted by the amount of health in descending order, while the unused planes will be at the end of the list.
To deploy a Fighter, tap any building or unit in the enemy's base. When they've finished their attack, they take a few seconds to refuel, and when done, go to your unit bar for redeployment.
Fighters take up 1 space in the Airstrip. They are trained in 30 minutes. They have a range of 4.
|Name||Age||AirStrip Level||Hitpoints||Damage Per Second||Cost||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Experience Gain|
|Biplane Mk.1||Industrial Age||1||2,160||220||250||-||-||-|
|Biplane Mk.2||2,268||231||265||45,000||4 days||1,112|
|Triplane Mk.1||2||2,501||254||290||55,000||5 days||1,258|
|Fighter Mk.1||Global Age||3||2,894||285||365||140,000||6 days||1,395|
|Strike Fighter Mk.1||Atomic Age||4||3,864||353||560||200,000||7 days||1,515|
|Strike Fighter Mk.2||4,056||363||585||210,000|
|Strike Fighter Mk.3||4,236||377||620||220,000|
|Strike Fighter Mk.4||4,452||396||650||230,000|
|Strike Fighter Mk.5||4,680||416||680||240,000|
|Strike Fighter Mk.6||4,914||437||720||250,000|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.1||Cold War Age||5||5,160||459||735||255,000||7 days 12 hours||1,575|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.2||5,406||481||760||260,000|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.3||5,651||502||790||265,000|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.4||5,933||527||825||265,000||8 days||1,630|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.5||6,229||554||850||265,000|
|Supersonic Fighter Mk.6||6,541||582||880||265,000|
- Chapter 1 : Increases Fighters attack by 10%.
- Chapter 4 : Increases Fighters health by 10%.
- Chapter 5 : Increases all aircraft health by 10%
- Fighters Damage: +3% damage of Fighter aircraft (10 Levels).
- Aircraft Upgrade Cost: -5% upgrade resource costs for Aircraft (5 levels).
- Fighters Hitpoints: +6% hitpoints of Fighter aircraft (5 levels).
The Statue of Liberty wonder confers these bonuses to the Bombers:
- Airstrip units damage: +20%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases this airstrip units damage bonus from +20% to +22%.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Planes get hurt mostly because of the idle run (second run, finding nearby target if the original target got destroyed). Try to use the least number of planes needed, to preserve the health of your fleet.
- With the Statue of Liberty (20% increase of plane damage), and 4 planes (Triplane Mk.3) capacity. By sending out 2 planes (4 runs in total) can destroy any mortar (lower than level 6), sending out 3 planes (5 runs and 1 idle) can destroy any tower, sending out 2 planes (4 runs) can destroy a air defense, 3 planes (5 runs and 1 idle) can destroy the cannon and anti tank tower. Let's do the math, you can do 2+1+1, to suppress all and damage half the health of a group of 3 towers, two rounds could destroy them all; you can do 3+1, to destroy one tower while suppress a tower nearby; you can do 2+1+1 to destroy one mortar, while suppress two towers nearby; you can also do 4 at an air defense to destroy it instantly, as it can't be suppressed by planes. etc.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|