“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique British troops do more damage and have +1 range!”The Longbowman is a level 4 British unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the longbowman. It can be upgraded to the King's Longbowman. This British unique unit replaces the archer. It is upgraded in the level 4 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, Elite Longbowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Elite Longbowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Elite Longbowmen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Elite Longbowmen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Elite Longbowmen would attack them.
- As a British unique unit, Elite Longbowmen has 15% more damage and 1% more attack speed than regular archers.
- "Becoming an Elite Longbowman required extensive training. English kings insisted that their subjects practice with the weapon, to be prepared when they were conscripted into national armies. In fact, noted spoilsport King Edward I banned the play of sports on Sunday to make sure that the peasants spent that day with the longbow. That practice payed off: an Elite Longbowman could draw, aim, and release an arrow in 5 seconds."
- Like its predecessor, the Elite Longbowman wears a white shirt and white pants. In the middle of the shirt is a red cross, likely to represent the cross of St. George. Around his neck is chain armor. The Elite Longbowman also wears a Nasal Helmet and a long-sleeve red shirt under the white shirt. He have a bracer on his arm and holds a quiver made our of animal skin on his back; full of arrows. He holds a wooden longbow and a wooden arrow.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Elite Longbowmen have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as phalanxes as meat shields to protect the composite bowmen.
- Elite Longbowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Elite Longbowmen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Elite Longbowmen can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- The earliest longbow known from England, found at Ashcott Heath, Somerset, is dated to 2665 BC
- Although the weapon itself existed back in the classical age, the in-game version of the unit did not (since it's a medieval archer).
- Britons very likely used this weapon against the Romans, however it seems to have been much less successful in classical warfare than it was in later eras.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|