The Elite Chu Ko Nu is the level 4 Chinese unique ranged infantry unit, unlocked in the Classical Age. It's predecessor is the Chu Ko Nu. It can be upgraded to become an Royal Chu Ko Nu. This unit replaces the archer. It is upgraded in the level 4 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Elite Chu Ko Nu can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. However; as a Chinese unique unit; they can shoot 2 times faster than standard ranged infantry. Despite of this, they can only do 60% damage of a standard ranged infantry per shot.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Elite Chu Ko Nu would attack them.
"The Elite Chu Ko Nu was a further refinement of the weapon which allowed it to fire up to three bolts at one time. While this did sacrifice yet more range and accuracy, it resulted in a crossbow with an astonishing rate of fire, devastating when used in large numbers against big, slow targets (like enemy infantry units). Some Chinese warriors would smear poison on the tips of their arrows, further increasing the unpleasant effects of getting shot by multiple arrows."
Chu ko nu carries Repeating crossbow also known as the Zhuge crossbow.The Chinese repeating crossbow had a maximum range of 120 meters, with an effective range of 80 meters (260 ft).
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Elite Chu Ko Nu has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular bowman; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as phalanxes as meat shields to protect the Elite Chu Ko Nu.
- Elite Chu Ko Nu and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Elite Chu Ko Nu to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Elite Chu Ko Nu can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|