“These raiders go straight for the enemy's resources, and deal 4x damage against them.”
The Dragoon Raider is a level 5 standard raider unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Cavalry Raider. It can be upgraded to the Carabineer Raider. It is researched in a level 6 armory.
General Information Edit
- Dragoon Raiders are good against resource buildings; doing up to 400% more damage.
- Dragoon Raiders would attack the closest resource building but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Dragoon Raiders are weak against defensive buildings.
"Originally, Dragoons were units that rode horses for mobility but dismounted to fight. Over time - especially as gunpowder weapons became smaller and easier to handle - they began to fight from horseback with those weapons. Generally wearing lighter armor on inferior horses to the elite cavalry units, Dragoons were cheaper to field and train than the armored heavy lancers. As gunpowder technology improved they became equal power to the cavalrymen, eventually supplanting them altogether."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If a base has full resource producers such as the farm or caravans, use Dragoon Riders against them so you can reap all of its resources.
- If resource storage buildings such as the mill or market has a lot of loot, try bring in an army composition of Dragoon Raiders and recall them to destroy them.
- Surprisingly, Dragoon Raiders are strong against enemy infantry and can hold up a lot until they fall.
- When battle commenced, an army's Dragoon Raiders might be used in a flanking maneuver to seek out enemy stores and loot them.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Dragoon Raiders make good alliance troops. When the enemy spawns troops and the heavy horse raiders will rush to the scene to deal with them. They have a lot of hitpoints and thus; it will fall when there are too many enemies to deal with.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|