- Like previous Heavy Cavalry units, cuirassiers are the mounted front runners among all troops. Their default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop of their age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, their disadvantages is that they have low damage and can be killed easily by Cannon Towers.
Historical Description Edit
"First appearing in Europe in the 15th century, Cuirassiers wore plate helmets and armor covering their torsos (the cuirasse) and upper thighs. Cuirassiers were used throughout the Napoleonic Wars, and most major combatants were still fielding these units at the start of World War I."
North European: The North European cuirassier is wearing a royal military uniform with multiple medals on it he also wears a belt and pants he holds a curved sword in hand he also wears a shako (tall cylindricall cap/hat)in hand he also wears a shako (tall cylindricall cap/hat)
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Cuirassiers have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Cuirassiers are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of cuirassiers and a wall breacher such as a veteran wall sapper. When attacking, deploy your veteran wall sapper and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your cuirassiers in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your cuirassiers to destroy the Town Center.
- Cuirassiers would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the cuirassier, the cuirassier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the cuirassier distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as musketeers or heavy infantry such as fusiliers after deploying the cuirassiers to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Cuirassiers are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns cuirassiers in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- A misconception is that North European cuirassiers wouldn't use shakos (tall, cylindrical military cap/hat). Instead, they would use helmets instead.
- In the early 19th century, China, Korea, and Japan (The Oriental Nations) didn't use cuirassiers. Instead, Japan still used mounted samurai and horse archers, China used lancers, horsemen, and horse archers, and Korea lacked cavalry units.
- In the early 19th century, the main users of cuirassiers are the French, Germans/Prussians, and the Russians.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|