The Companion is the level 1 standard Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in the Iron Age. It can be upgraded to become a Royal Companion. It is researched in a level 3 blacksmith. It replaces the horseman.
General Information Edit
- Companions are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- As a Greek unique unit, the Companion has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- The Companion is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
"The Companions were the elite cavalry of the Macedonian army from the time of King Philip II of Macedon, and have been regarded as the best cavalry in the ancient world and the first ever shock cavalry."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Companions have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Companions are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, companions can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of companions. When attacking, deploy all your companions in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your companions to destroy the Town Center.
- Companions would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the companion, the companion will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the companion distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as composite bowmen or heavy infantry such as hoplites after deploying the companions to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Companions are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them. However, they take up 6 space in the alliance gate so it cannot be used in a level 1 Alliance Gate in the Iron Age (which can only hold 3 spaces) until it is upgraded to level 2 which is available in the Classical Age.
- Historically, Companions wore Boeotian helmets rather than the Galea helmet (a Roman helmet) they wear in the game. They also wore a bronze muscle cuirass, linothorax (linen upper body armor), and shoulder guards, rather than going shirtless, which would've posed a significant risk for the rider.
- Historically, Companions didn't use shields.
- The shield they carry has a lambda sign (which represented Sparta), stamped on it. Historically though, Sparta didn't use cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|