"One of the greatest, and most quotable, leaders of the 20th century" Edit
Historical Description: Edit
Often considered one of the greatest, and most quotable, leaders of the 20th century, Winston Churchill's legacy still looms large today. As a soldier, writer, and statesman, he served the cause of the British Empire for nearly sixty years. After graduating from Sandhurst Royal Military College in 1894, Churchill saw service in Cuba, India, the North-West Frontier (now Afghanistan and Pakistan), Sudan, South Africa, and the Western Front of WWI. During the early 1940s, while England was absorbing punishing air attacks during the Battle of Britain, Churchill embodied the country's spirit of defiance in fiery speeches and writings. Perhaps his most memorable speech was in June of 1940 to the House of Commons: 'Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour'.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Churchill the Great can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/troops.
- AVOID ballistics towers, cannons, or anti-tank towers with Churchill. These defense buildings are designed to take out any troop/general that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannons is to rally straight back out of your clean path near buildings, bringing your troops back with your generals to help escort him or for Churchill to kill any cavalry, foot troop, or general stalking your troops
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible cannons, towers, and troops can kill Churchill and your troops if you pass by the defense buildings.
- If you are attacking without tanks with your troops, Churchill can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Churchill to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since it will turn into that Churchill will be the only one alive.
- (Mainly used for Medieval age, no longer recommended for this age) If a mortar is in position to wipe out troops, but is easily accessible without Cannons in range, put Churchill down and rally him to the Mortar to wipe it out. Then continue your attack with placement of troops and tactics.
- In 1911, Churchill turned his attention away from domestic politics when he became the First Lord of the Admiralty (akin to the Secretary of the Navy in the U.S.).
- Churchill proposed a military campaign that soon dissolved into disaster: the 1915 invasion of the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey.
- Winston Churchill took his place as prime minister in May 1940.
- In 1953, Queen Elizabeth made Winston Churchill a knight of the Order of the Garter.
- He died in 1965, one year after retiring from Parliament.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|