The Chu Ko Nu is a level 3 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the Bowman. It can be upgraded to the Elite Chu Ko Nu. This unit replaces the composite bowman. It is upgraded in the level 3 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Chu Ko Nu can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. However; as a Chinese unique unit; they can shoot 2 times faster than standard ranged infantry. Despite of this, they can only do 60% damage of a standard ranged infantry per shot.
- Chu Ko Nu aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Chu Ko Nu are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Chu Ko Nu would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Chu Ko Nu would attack them.
"Dating back to the 4th century BCE, the Chu Ko Nu is an ingenious repeating crossbow used by Chinese warriors. With one simple pull of a lever, the soldier would pull back the string, drop a bolt into place from an overhead magazine, and then fire the weapon. A trained warrior could put 10 bolts into flight in twenty seconds. (This would empty the magazine.) The bolts were lighter than other crossbow missiles and unable to punch through heavy armor, but the rate of fire was remarkable."
- Due to its fast attack speed, this unit fares well against infantry, as their lower health means that more shots that do less damage, which the Chu Ko Nu has, does better as less shots are wasted. Against other defenses, such as cavalry, towers and traps, you'll treat them like a regular bowman; keep them out of fire, target the defenders, etc.
- Chu Ko Nu have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as hoplites as meat shields to protect the Chu Ko Nu.
- Chu Ko Nu and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Chu Ko Nu to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Chu Ko Nu can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|