"These raiders go straight for the enemy's resources, and deal 4x damage against them."
The Cavalry Raider is a level 3 standard raider unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Horse Raider. It can be upgraded to the Heavy Cavalry Raider. It is researched in a level 4 blacksmith.
- Cavalry Raiders are good against resource buildings; doing up to 4 Times more damage.
- Cavalry Raiders would attack the closest resource building but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Cavalry Raiders are weak against defensive buildings.
"Victims of Mongol tactics were quick to see the value of Cavalry Raiders. While perhaps unable to completely match the Asians' skill in horse-archery (learned over the course of a nomadic lifestyle), they were able to create extremely effective raider units of their own, especially as technology advanced. An invading army relied heavily on cavalry raiders to scout out territory, capture cattle and other foodstuffs, and spread terror and dismay among the enemy population."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If a base has full resource producers such as the farm or caravans, use cavalry raiders against them so you can reap all of its resources.
- If resource storage buildings such as the mill or market has a lot of loot, try bring in an army composition of cavalry raiders and recall them to destroy them.
- Surprisingly, Cavalry Raiders are strong against enemy infantry and can hold up a lot until they fall.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Cavalry Raiders make good alliance troops. When the enemy spawns troops and the heavy horse raiders will rush to the scene to deal with them. They have a lot of hitpoints and thus; it will fall when there are too many enemies to deal with.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|