Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers have more health.
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||124|
|Damage vs Infantry||31|
|Training Time||35 seconds|
|Troop Type||Assault Infantry|
|Strength||Buildings and Cavalry|
|Age Unlocked||Medieval Age|
|Upgrade Time||1 day|
The Caesar's Legion is a level 6 Roman unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. It's predecessor is the Heavy Legion. It can be upgraded to become an Praetorian Guard. It is upgraded in a level 5 blacksmith and replaces the pikeman.
- Caesar's Legions can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Caesar's Legions would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Caesar's Legions can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Caesar's Legions are weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Caesar's Legions has 25% more health than the standard pikemen they replace.
"Julius Caesar's famed 9th Spanish Legion ('Legio IX Hispania') fought with Caesar throughout Europe and Africa. After Caesar's death, Octavian led them against the rebel Sextus Pompeius and then against Mark Antony. This elite unit was eventually stationed in Britain, fighting against the uprising of the Celtic warrior queen Boudica. Eventually, the legion simply vanished from the records, possibly annihilated during an incursion into Scotland. Their disappearance remains one of military history's greatest mysteries."
- If used in large groups; Caesar's Legions can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Caesar's Legions and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Caesar's Legions around so the catapult would have to hit each Caesar's Legions to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Caesar's Legions as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as crossbowmen to support Caesar's Legions.
- Caesar's Legions can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as crossbowmen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- A misconception is that the last users of legionaries died out in the Classical Age (The Roman Empire before split) and that legions went extinct in the Medieval Age. A fitting unique unit that existed in the era was the Papal Guard, which was created by the Papal States in the Medieval Age.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|