The Bowman is the level 2 standard Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Bronze Age. Its predecessor is the Slinger. It can be upgraded to the Composite Bowman. It is upgraded in the level 2 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Bowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Bowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Bowmen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Bowmen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Bowmen would attack them.
"Archery has been around for at least 12,000 years, and probably much longer. The ancient Egyptians used bows and arrows as far back as the Predynastic period, and other elder countries like China and India employed them from the earliest periods of their history. Until the advent of gunpowder, Bowmen were the primary troops on the battlefield. Their speed, stopping power, and range far outperformed spears, javelins, and of course the lowly sling."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Bowmen have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as soldiers as meat shields to protect the bowmen.
- Bowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use bowmen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|