“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique British troops do more damage and have +1 range!”
The Black Watch is a British level 8 unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Industrial Age. Its predecessor is the Royal Yeomanry. This British unique unit replaces the rifleman. It is upgraded in the level 8 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, the Black Watch can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Black Watch aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Black Watch are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Black Watch would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Black Watch would attack them.
- As a British unique unit, Black Watch has 15% more damage and 1% more attack speed than regular musketeers.
Historical Description Edit
"Particularly successful or heroic British military units are awarded the title of 'Royal.' The 42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foot was a Scottish infantry regiment that saw action throughout the Napoleonic Wars. The 'Black Watch,' as the Regiment was called, were among the deadliest infantry units in the British Army. At the Battle of Alexandria, they captured the Colors of Napoleon's unfortunately-named 'Invincible' Legion."
The Black Watch wears a brown beret and a yellow jacket. He is armed with a rifle.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Black Watch have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as shock infantry as meat shields to protect the composite bowmen.
- Black Watch are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Black Watch to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- The Black Watch can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
- The Black Watch was a line infantry regiment of the British Army, in existence from 1881 (as the '''Royal Highland Regiment (Black Watch)''') until 2006.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|