|Assault Infantry (Troop)|
|Statistics (No Boosts)|
|Damage per second||228|
|Damage vs Infantry||57|
|Training Time||35 seconds (28 seconds for the French)|
|Troop Type||Heavy Infantry|
|Strength||Cavalry and Buildings|
|Age Unlocked||Global Age|
|Upgrade Time||10 days|
This is the Global Age unit. For the troop type, see Assault Infantry.
"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings"
Assault Infantry is the level 10 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Global Age and it can be upgraded to Elite Infantry. Its predecessor is the Shock Infantry. It is researched in a level 9 Armory.
General Information Edit
- Assault Infantry can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Assault Infantry would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Assault Infantry can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Assault Infantry are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
- "The semi-automatic M1 Garand was standard issue for U.S infantry during WWII. This rifle was gas-operated; the expanding gas of the last round fired was chaneledto cock the rifle and load the next round into the chamber. When the last round in the clip was fired, the gun made a distintive ping sound as the empty clip was ejected from the stock."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; assault infantry can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against assault infantry and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your assault infantry around so the mortar would have to hit each shock infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other shock infantry as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as riflemen to support assault infantry.
- Assault infantry can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 8 garrison can train up assault infantry to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls or behind a structure for that will have the same effect As walls. That way, the garrison can train shock infantry without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training shock infantry would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 6 ambush trap deploys assault infantry when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Blessings • Buildings • Coalitions • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Wildlife • Fan Contributions|