"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings"
Assault Infantry is the level 10 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Global Age and it can be upgraded to Elite Infantry. Its predecessor is the Shock Infantry. It is researched in a level 9 Armory.
General Information Edit
- Assault Infantry can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Assault Infantry would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Assault Infantry can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Assault Infantry are weak against other infantry.
Mediterranean: Wears a tan uniform similar to that of a Greek soldier at the time. Also carriers a rifle similar the the Boys anti-tank rifle . Wears a green glove and wears a European style Mustache. The helmet appears to be an American type M1 helmet with netting.
North European: Wears a green Adrian helmet, with a blue-gray style french M1938 greatcoat and trousers. Has a green glove and wields a Boys anti-tank rifle like weapon. Has a stereotypical European mustache.
Oriental: Wears a green uniform and has a leaf-attached helmet. It was used during Burma campaign.
Historical Description Edit
"Assault Infantry are typically organized for mobility with the intention that they will penetrate enemy defenses and attack into the enemy's vulnerable rear areas. Any specialized, elite unit formed to fight an engagement via overwhelming assault (usually) would be considered Assault troops."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; assault infantry can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against assault infantry and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your assault infantry around so the mortar would have to hit each shock infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other shock infantry as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as riflemen to support assault infantry.
- Assault infantry can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 8 garrison can train up assault infantry to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls or behind a structure for that will have the same effect As walls. That way, the garrison can train shock infantry without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training shock infantry would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 6 ambush trap deploys assault infantry when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|